VIDEOS

Follow Us

Vapesplosions

Watch Out for Exploding E-Cigs

In the 2007-2013 television series "Burn Notice," Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) was a freelance spy who took assignments that U.S. government agencies couldn't openly sanction. The plot centered around a lot of explosive action when Michael found himself the target of a “burn notice,” but had to keep working hot cases while dodging attempts...

Man seriously injured after vape pen explodes in his face

LONG VIEW, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - A man suffered traumatic injuries after a vape pen exploded in his face Thursday afternoon in Long View, officials said. According to the Long View Fire Chief, firefighters found Joshua Bumgarner at about 12:45 p.m. outside 1300 28th Street with an unknown female. He was taken to Catawba...

Fire official: Man suffers burns after e-cigarette explosion

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa (KCCI) — A man was taken to the hospital Wednesday afternoon following an e-cigarette explosion, West Des Moines fire officials said. West Des Moines Fire Marshal Mike Whitsell told KCCI that authorities received a call around 3:30 p.m. for reports of a burn victim at the Sun Prairie Apartments. Fire officials...

Vuse Vibe E-Cigarette Power Units Being Recalled

A big cigarette name is recalling the power units used for about 2.6 million electronic cigarettes. R.J. Reynolds Vapor Co. has issued a nationwide safety recall of all Vuse Vibe power units after consumer reports that batteries malfunctioned and caused the units to overheat and create a fire risk. No injuries have been reported. R.J....

Stevensville woman injured when e-cigarette explodes

STEVENSVILLE — A 19-year-old Cloverfields woman was injured Friday, March 16, when her electronic cigarette exploded, catching her clothes on fire. According to a report from the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the woman said the device exploded as she was getting it out of her purse. She threw it away from her body,...

E-cigarette explosion sets man on fire

Sykesville victim suffers third-degree burns He spent months trying to wean himself off cigarettes, and Michael Henry had become quite adept at changing out the batteries on his e-cigarette, but when he attempted to do so on Sunday evening, something went terribly wrong. "Just a flash,” recalled Henry, “Like I do any other time. I...

The Unique Explosion Dangers of E-Cigarettes

According to a FEMA and U.S. Fire Authority report on e-cigarette explosions released in July 2017, the “combination of an electronic cigarette with a lithium-ion is a new and unique hazard” in the U.S. The FEMA report which evaluated e-cigarette explosions in the U.S. from 2009-2016, summarized, “There is no analogy among consumer products...

Oregon teen says e-cigarette exploded in his mouth

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) - An Oregon teenager said his e-cigarette blew up in his face, and now he’s in Portland recovering. Blake Chastain was left with second-degree burns on his hand, a scorched face and knocked-out teeth, and he said he nearly lost his left eye. At 17-years old, he’s not even old enough to...

Vaporizer explodes in man’s mouth

A vaporizer explodes in an Omaha man's mouth, causing lots of damage An Omaha man says he'll never touch a vapor cigarette again after a faulty battery in the vaporizer exploded in his mouth. Much like the exploding batteries in some hoverboards and Samsung's Galaxy Note 7, batteries in electronic cigarettes and vaporizers have been...

Exploding vaporizer rips hole in man’s tongue

Kenneth Barbero of Albany, NY was enjoying a nice millennial vaping session when the hand-held device he was using blew up in his face; knocking out teeth, ripping a hole in his tongue and leaving his hands covered in burns. "[It was] like an M80 bomb went off in my mouth," Barbero told CNN...